[meersbrook-house] Agenda for working group meeting 2nd July

Laura Holmes laura at b4wd.org.uk
Sat Jun 28 20:38:44 GMT 2014

Hi all,

I can see there has been plenty of lively discussion going on whilst I have
been on holiday! For what it's worth, I think we are getting a little ahead
of ourselves worrying about the detail of subgroups, committees etc. We have
got a way to go before we are a formally constituted group, so in the
interim I think it is important that people are able to contribute where and
how they wish - any smaller group should have no decision making power at
this point in time, they should be there to simply accelerate the process of
getting a proposal together for the wider group to discuss and agree.

I would suggest that the next step *following* the public meeting, should be
to move quickly towards constituting the group and agreeing governance and
working groups. However, until the public meeting is held, we cannot be sure
that we have all of the right people (or as many as possible) participating
in the process, so I think it is important for us to remain as relaxed as we
can in the meantime.

So, my proposed agenda for the working group meeting on Weds is as follows:

Public Meeting Working Group, Weds 2nd July, 7:30-9pm in the White Lion

1.       Welcome and introductions - find out who is in the room and the
skills and experience they bring.

2.       Agree the purpose for this working group meeting (e.g. put together
a proposal for the content of the public meeting to be held in September)

3.       What should the outputs of the public meeting be? (What information
do we want to gather / what decisions need to be made there?)

4.       How do we want people to  feel as a result of attending and
participating in the public meeting?

5.       What activities should take place in order to achieve 3 and 4?

6.       Agree how to present and feed this back to the wider steering
group.

I think the working group (which may be the same people or some may opt in
or opt out according to their skills and interests) will need to meet again
a couple of times during the run up to the public meeting to discuss the
practicalities, such as hosting, timings, facilitation (in one large group
and in smaller groups), materials etc.

Does this sound about right to everyone? If anyone is unable to attend
Wednesday's meeting but has ideas they would like to put forward then please
do send me an email (laura at b4wd.org.uk <mailto:laura at b4wd.org.uk> ) and I
will make sure your suggestions are discussed.

Cheers,

Laura.

---