[meersbrook-house] meersbrook park users trust

liz martinez lizziemartinez2 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 30 14:09:00 GMT 2014

Hi all
its great to see so much enthusiasm for the meersbrook house
I am chair of the trust and as part of that, I may have a role in the group in terms of adding some skills
things I see that I could offer would be:

Experience of fundraising - we've been fund raising for a variety of projects in the park (mostly play related) and walled garden since 2003

Experience of working with the council both wrt delivering projects and activities in the park.  We meet with council workers to discuss future for park/walled gardens etc.  We also work with the councillors and police when necessary.

Experience of working and contacts within other stake holders in the park inc. bowling, bishops house, heeley development trust, heeley city farm, wed outdoor playgroup , afterschool club, play group, and the two local primary schools.

The trust has an open meeting once every two months where we discuss park business/ongoing projects/activity days etc.

If any of these skills are of use then I'd be glad to offer them!
I probably don't have the time to commit to a reg committee due to other projects we ongoing for the trust.

I'm happy to make the meeting on the 9th July as I understand Kaktus is away

thanks
liz