[SlugBug] Spam help required

David Leadbeater slugbug at dgl.cx
Thu Jun 9 15:46:41 BST 2005

Jonathan Defries wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having a nightmare.
>
> Some Latvian spammers have kindly decided to use one of my domains in
> their from addresses, so I'm currently getting around 1,000 mail
> failures a day into my account.

Filtering bounces is really easy, a bounce should have an empty
return-path (which is different from a From: address), if you never
send email with a Return-path from that domain just drop all email
with an empty return-path that is delivered to it.

(This is what I do, if you read the headers of this email you'll notice
my return-path is in the domain otherwize.co.uk, so no valid bounce should
be sent to dgl.cx).