[SlugBug] ssh account lockouts

Chris chris at slugbug.org.uk
Thu Jul 22 15:25:36 BST 2004

Hi

On Thu 22-Jul-2004 at 03:21:27PM +0100, Bill Best wrote:

> well more specifically, my servers are getting repeatedly probed
> by 'burglars trying the locks' so when someone tries to log in but
> fails as 'guest', 'test' and 'admin' then i want to ban further
> attempts from that IP.

Hmm, well I guess it depends how many people need access to these
boxes, if it's not so many I'd suggest either limiting when people
can ssh in from to a limited number of static IP addresses or only
allow key based access or even do both....

Chris

--
http://wiki.slugbug.org.uk/
SlugBug - the Sheffield Linux Users Group and BSD Users Group