[SlugBug] colo and 1U server recommendations?

Gary Stimson bulk at stimson.org.uk
Wed Dec 15 23:32:16 GMT 2004

Hi Daniel

Supermicro servers are good also.

If you'd rather someone else worried about the hardware, then a dedicated
server may be better than colo for you. We get our dedicateds through
www.gyron.net who also do colo. Alternatively there are many very cheap
dedicated servers in USA for around $50 pcm - check the offers forums on
www.webhostingtalk.com

Some of the cheapest London colo is from 49pence.co.uk

For colo in Sheffield, you can put a rack or desktop box at
http://www.wiredworkplace.net
They don't have redundant power, so you'd need a UPS also. I don't know if
they can provide out-of-hours access to your server.

If you're wanting to run a games server then wiredworkplace and USA would
probably add too much latency for you, so you'd want a host in London with
good peering.

HTH
Gary