[SlugBug] colo and 1U server recommendations?

Chris chris at slugbug.org.uk
Thu Dec 16 10:58:46 GMT 2004

Hi

On Wed 15-Dec-2004 at 11:32:16PM +0000, Gary Stimson wrote:

> For colo in Sheffield, you can put a rack or desktop box at
> http://www.wiredworkplace.net They don't have redundant power, so
> you'd need a UPS also. I don't know if they can provide
> out-of-hours access to your server.

I don't think I'd consider wiredworkplace to be a real colo
facility...

Avensys have a colo place in Attercliffe which does make life easy
when you ned to swap out a dead disk, but they have a shocking web
site with no info on it and also they don't seem to be very cheap in
my experience...

  http://www.avensys.net/

But might be worth emailing them for a quote...

Internet Facilitators in Manchester look like a very interesting
option:

  http://internetf.co.uk/

They have verious deals:

  How about a full 47u rack complete with 1 megabit per second
  Internet bandwidth, 5a sustained power (16A max) for £400 a month*

  Or a self contained 1/4 rack with 64 kilobits per second Internet
  bandwidth and 3A sustained power for £180 per month?

  4u of shared rackspace with 10GB per month Internet transfer? £80

  http://www.internetf.co.uk/easy.html

And driving over the snake is nowhere near as bad as driving down
the M1 ;-)

Chris

--
http://wiki.slugbug.org.uk/
SlugBug - the Sheffield Linux Users Group and BSD Users Group