[SlugBug] sharing directories over internet

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Wed Aug 25 12:19:52 BST 2004

On 25 Aug 2004, at 11:15, Chris wrote:

> On Wed 25-Aug-2004 at 11:04:58AM +0100, Richard Fletcher wrote:
>> Does anyone know of something which can synchronise direcories
>> prefereably over ssh between two gentoo boxes?
> rsync via ssh is what I use when I'm not using subversion or cvs.

Having sync on a 10 or 15 minute delay means that you can (hopefully)
catch a potential mishap reaching the other box in time, whereas
immediate sync would possibly lose this useful 'feature'.

We do this at work (when we can't think of anything better) to sync
between two non-live, but similar environments.  Having a wee delay has
saved my job (ok, a grandiose delusion, but saved me from a telling off
- or worse, extra work) once before.

--
Regards, Andy Davidson
http://www.fotoserve.com/