[SlugBug] sharing directories over internet

Chris chris at slugbug.org.uk
Wed Aug 25 11:15:42 BST 2004

Hi

On Wed 25-Aug-2004 at 11:04:58AM +0100, Richard Fletcher wrote:

> Does anyone know of something which can synchronise direcories
> prefereably over ssh between two gentoo boxes?

rsync via ssh is what I use when I'm not using subversion or cvs.

I have this in my ~/.bash_profile:

  RSYNC_RSH="ssh"
  export RSYNC_RSH

And if the local directory is /home/foo/stuff/ and the rempte one is
/var/www/stuff then you just need to do this:

  $ rsync -vaz /home/foo/stuff/ example.org:/var/www/stuff/

For more info try man rsync.

Chris

--
http://wiki.slugbug.org.uk/
SlugBug - the Sheffield Linux Users Group and BSD Users Group