[SlugBug] More weirdness from Richard Ibbotson

Gary Stimson bulk at stimson.org.uk
Sun Aug 22 16:43:45 BST 2004

Hi Slugbug,

I posted to the Sheflug (the other Sheffield Linux Users Group) mailing
list to publicise the last Slugbug meet. (I didn't attend the meeting in
the end, owing to lethargy from the muggy day, but that's another story).

A week later I received a very strange email from Richard Ibbotson, who
looks after the Sheflug website and organises the meetings. The body of the
email is below in full.

The mail is very contradictory (unless it's somehow possible to send
"pages" from slugbug to the police and solicitors without reading them
first!!) and downright weird.

I have sat on the mail for a week, wondering what to do with it. In the end
I decided to post it to Slubbug because I think it demonstrates how
fundamentally broken Sheflug is. Richard Ibbotson puts a lot of effort into
organising meetings and speakers for Sheflug and it's a shame that he takes
such a dictatorial, paranoid and delusional approach to running the group.

Thank heavens for SlugBug...

Gary