[SlugBug] Which (do any??) PCI wirless card has good support in Linux?

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Fri Aug 20 14:17:14 BST 2004

Quoting Chris <chris at slugbug.org.uk>:

> Hi
>
> I have spent some time browsing the cheap PCI wirless cards on
> ebuyer looking for "this works in linux" comments but haven't
> managed to work out if any are -- does somone have a card they can
> recomend that will just work...

Netgear MA311 GE  is an 11b  PRISM2.5  based wifi card.. lots of support with
hostap.  .. up the firmware to whatever is the latest (1.7..?)

Though the atheros based madwifi stuff is suppoes to be ok now

http://www.mattfoster.clara.co.uk/madwifi-faq.htm

http://madwifiwiki.thewebhost.de/wiki/MasterMode

And a list of cards and experiences with them

http://madwifiwiki.thewebhost.de/wiki/WifiCards

I've never tried one though ;-)

AED
--
"The long revolution is creating small federated microsocieties, true guerilla

 cells practising and fighting for this self-management. Effective radicality
 authorises all variations and guarantees every freedom. "