[SlugBug] Webalizer not reading appended log file

Matthew Collins matthew at janes.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 19 13:52:12 BST 2004

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 12:27:36PM +0100, David Hooper wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've recently transfered the hosting of a website over to a new physical
>  server to improve performance.  The new server was running in parallel
> with the old for about a month.
>
> I now need to merge the old log files with the new access files - so I
> still have all my old statistics.  I've copied over all the log files
> and appended them to the new log files.

Webalizer ignore log entries for dates it's already seen.

So if you have log entries like

2004-08-01 12:00
2004-08-02 12:00
2004-08-03 12:00

If your two logs cover the same time period, you'll need to merge them
some how.

--
Hulver's site. Community blogging site running scoop.
http://www.hulver.com/scoop/