[SlugBug] Webalizer not reading appended log file

David Hooper david.hooper at commedia.org.uk
Thu Aug 19 12:27:36 BST 2004

Hello all,

I've recently transfered the hosting of a website over to a new physical
  server to improve performance.  The new server was running in parallel
with the old for about a month.

I now need to merge the old log files with the new access files - so I
still have all my old statistics.  I've copied over all the log files
and appended them to the new log files.

cat new_log old_log > appended_log

I've copied the appended log files to "/var/log/httpd/access_log" but,
having reinitialized webalizer it still only displays the recent stats.

Could this to due to differences in OS - was Redhat 8 now Fedora Core 2.

I've STFW with no luck so far so any input on how to get this working
would be much appreciated.

Regards
David.

--