[SlugBug] Speedtouch 330 and Debian

Graham Cox grahamcox at cwazy.co.uk
Tue Sep 16 22:35:38 BST 2003

Trying to set up an Alcatel Speedtouch 330 USB modem on a Debian 3.0 box and
it's giving me headaches.

I'm trying Benoit thingumys user-space drivers as I don't fancy patching the
kernel myself at this point.
I've gotten as far as having the modem recognized by the system, and getting
modem_run uploading the firmware properly, and even getting an ATM
connection to my ISP(Pipex). What I can't seem to manage is to get ppp to
connect to it so that I can actually access the internet. Every time I try,
and everything I try, I get LCP Timeouts the whole way, and nothing else.

The suggestions in the FAQ about this were of no use to me at all - Pipex
supports LCP as that's what windows uses, the username/password is correct,
etc... - so I was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions?

Cheers
--
Graham