[SlugBug] [OT] DNS for .com and .net

Mr. Adam ALLEN adam at dynamicinteraction.co.uk
Tue Sep 16 21:01:08 BST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 19:01, Chris J wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> Apols for posting this, but it's worth being aware of this, espeically if
> you've mail servers to look after. Verisign (for it is them) have seen it
> fit to add a wildcard into the root DNS for .COM and .NET domains, so any
> invalid domain will now /resolve/, which means mail for invalid domains
> will head to Verisign before being bounced back with a 550 invalid domain
> message (so expect lots of double bounces in postmaster or Mailer-Daemon).

I'm sure/hoping there'll be a patch in the wild soon to replace
62.94.110.11 with NXDOMAIN instead of some rubbish that verisign decide
to kick out. (Until verisign keep changing the global ip).

Maybe time to look at the BIND source and see how good my C skills
really are ;-)
--
Regards,
Adam Allen.