[SlugBug] [OT] DNS for .com and .net

Ishikodzume ishikodzume at beneath.plus.com
Wed Sep 17 07:05:43 BST 2003

I am sbsolutely furious about this. As soon as i heard it i got more mad
than i thought i ever would over DNS.

I have written emails and filled in various web forms, to people at
Internic (possibly owned by verisign now?) and ICANN. I suggest everyone
on this list do the same.
I have also redirected 64.94.110.11 to my own Apache server with a DNS
error page so at least i don't have to wait for theirs to load (and
often spend ages waiting for it to timeout, because they are obviously
being DoSed)

I am also shortly going to be changing my nameserver to ditch the
forwarding and use OpenNIC:
http://www.opennic.unrated.net/

Their server is interesting for port 25... at first i thought they were
harvesting addresses, because they were accepting the normal HELO, MAIL,
RCPT, but then kick you on DATA (they would still do this even if you
typed bogus stuff in). However, now if you type anything in, you get the
sequence 250, 250, 550 (domain doesn't exist), 250, 221...
The daemon has a funny name, too :)

Ugh, anyway, i am extremely mad. I can't wait until someone in power
kicks their arses for this.

 - Daniel

-=-=-=-
PGP: http://spacecake.hypermart.net/pgp/ishikodzume.pubkey.asc