[SlugBug] [Fwd: Re: [Sheflug] Re: New Sheffield LUG?]

Jonathan jonathan at sirtis.org.uk
Wed Jul 16 00:44:21 BST 2003

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Sheflug] Re: New Sheffield LUG?
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:35:38 +0100
From: Jonathan <jonathan at sirtis.org.uk>
To: shef-lug at list.sheflug.org.uk

Richard Ibbotson wrote:
> Until this can happen then we can do nothing.  BTW, this is not a BSD
> group.  It is a LUG and BSD is only a very small minority.  Other
> fact is that we have no effect on international affairs and so we
> don't like to claim that we will tell you where you will go tomorrow.
> Unlike other people.

Which is one of the main reasons that I am happy to contribute to
another group, my minority of one needs a bigger voice!

If you are only about Linux why does the front page of the ShefLUG site
indicate that you are promoting BSD as well as Linux and you are helping
to make people informed BSD users?

Please don't take that last paragraph as threatening, I'm genuinely
asking the question because I've always seen BSD as something that just
doesn't get mentioned and isn't of interest. If that's the case, why
mention it at all? Was it another loopy FBSD user like me on your case
about it ;)

- J

OK guys, for those of you not on ShefLUG, this is why *I* want a B in
the title. If you won't let me have my iccle letter, I'll just go and
find an American group and abuse their attempts at spelling color :)

- J