[SlugBug] BSD and hosting

Neil R Porter n.r.porter at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 16 00:03:46 BST 2003

Hi all

Firstly, "I know nurrthing" about BSD, but I'm always willing to learn,
so perhaps now I will use a spare box to put FBSD or something on so I
can have a play.  Jonathan, get ready for all the questions that are
bound to ensue! :)

Re: hosting.  This could turn into an argument over who's server has the
biggest package (ahem ;).  However, I will throw in my honest two
penneth and say that I actually do hosting for a living (and I know I'm
not the only one on here!), and have several dedicated boxes with very
big pipes in the back, lots of spare bandwidth/month, along with all the
usual trappings (DNS, MySQL4, PHP, webmail, pop3, etc.) you would
expect.  So, if push comes to shove, then I don't mind hosting the
sylug/slugbug/blugun domain.  Also, I won't be in the slight bit
bothered if people plum for someone else, I simply felt bad not
offering, so now I have I will sleep easier :)

Yawn, night all

Neil
--
Neil R Porter <n.r.porter at btinternet.com>