[SlugBug] sydingator install problem

Chris Croome chris at croome.net
Fri Aug 22 23:34:52 BST 2003

Hi

On Fri 22-Aug-2003 at 09:48:18PM +0100, Paul Taylor wrote:

> cpan> install XML::RSS
> CPAN: Storable loaded ok
> Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
>   Database was generated on Wed, 20 Aug 2003 05:45:57 GMT
> XML::RSS is up to date.
>
> cpan> install Text::Iconv
> Text::Iconv is up to date.
>
> cpan>  install XML::Simple
> XML::Simple is up to date.
>
> cpan> exit
> No history written (no histfile specified).
> Lockfile removed.
>
> [root at pault bin]# cd /home/pault/syndigator
>
> [root at pault syndigator]# rpm -Uvh syndigator-0.11-1.noarch.rpm
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         perl(XML::RSS) is needed by syndigator-0.11-1
>         perl(XML::Simple) is needed by syndigator-0.11-1
>         perl-XML-RSS is needed by syndigator-0.11-1
> =====================
> I thought I'd just installed the first two?

Yeah, if you are using CPAN then you should also use the
source version of this perl application -- the RPM database
has no way of knowing what has been installed using CPAN.

It is possible to do all this with RPM but you probably
don't want to get into building your own perl rpms at this
stage :-)

Chris

--
http://chris.croome.net/