[SlugBug] sydingator install problem

pault pault at burngreave.net
Fri Aug 22 22:48:18 BST 2003

Quoting David Holden <dh at iucr.org>:

> /usr/bin/perl -MCPAN -e shell
Check.

> install XML::RSS
Check.

> it then tells you XML::RSS depends on Test::Manifest and ask if you want to
> install this, say yes.
Check. Plus loads of other modules incidentaly.

> install Text::Iconv
Check.

> install XML::Simple
Check.

So I thought, I'll check everything's OK and then install Syndigator. Now look at this output
============
[pault at pault bin]$ su root
Password:
[root at pault bin]# cpan
Undefined value assigned to typeglob at (eval 13) line 15, <RC> line 11.
Warning [/etc/inputrc line 11]:
  Invalid variable `mark-symlinked-directories'

cpan shell -- CPAN exploration and modules installation (v1.76)
ReadLine support enabled

cpan> install XML::RSS
CPAN: Storable loaded ok
Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
  Database was generated on Wed, 20 Aug 2003 05:45:57 GMT
XML::RSS is up to date.

cpan> install Text::Iconv
Text::Iconv is up to date.

cpan>  install XML::Simple
XML::Simple is up to date.

cpan> exit
No history written (no histfile specified).
Lockfile removed.

[root at pault bin]# cd /home/pault/syndigator

[root at pault syndigator]# rpm -Uvh syndigator-0.11-1.noarch.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        perl(XML::RSS) is needed by syndigator-0.11-1
        perl(XML::Simple) is needed by syndigator-0.11-1
        perl-XML-RSS is needed by syndigator-0.11-1
I thought I'd just installed the first two?

pault
--
pault <mailto:pault at burngreave.net>
<http://www.burngreave.net/~pault/>