[SlugBug] sydingator install problem

pault pault at burngreave.net
Fri Aug 22 23:56:19 BST 2003

Quoting Chris Croome <chris at croome.net>:

> Yeah, if you are using CPAN then you should also use the
> source version of this perl application -- the RPM database
> has no way of knowing what has been installed using CPAN.

So are you saying I should use the file referenced at this page:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/syndigator/syndigator-0.11.tar.gz?download

Instead of the one referenced here:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/syndigator/syndigator-0.11-1.noarch.rpm?download

Once I've downloaded it, what do I do with it? [I am learning form all this honest!]

> It is possible to do all this with RPM but you probably
> don't want to get into building your own perl rpms at this
> stage :-)

I'll take your word for that...

pault
--