[SlugBug] [HELP] dead debian X mouse

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Fri Aug 15 17:14:19 BST 2003

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 03:55:09PM +0100, Paul Arzul wrote:
> no match (nothing with grep /dev/p either).

/dev/mouse ? (it may be nothing has it open; but just check ;)

> > > i don't know how much more voodoo i'm going to perform. anyone care to
> > > recommend a bsd flavour for a painless install? :)
> >
> > FreeBSD 9
>
> 9? i see 4.8 and 5.1 on linuxiso.org...

It was a kind of a joke. :o)

> the mouse is a genius netscroll+ (same as at work). although gpm is
> uninstalled, there's still the library libgpmg1 installed. i've not
> removed that as it appears to remove the gimp, vim, w3m and mc -- all of
> which i use. :(

The library won't be making any different in my opinion. You may want to
try the bizarre and arcane "echo -ne '\377' > /dev/psaux" before running
mdetect though (I would boot straight to single-user mode and do it from
there for 'most safe' results).

Cheers,

Alex.