[SlugBug] ext3 magic anyone?

Mr. Adam ALLEN adam at dynamicinteraction.co.uk
Sun Aug 10 20:46:45 BST 2003

I've got problems with my main hard-drive- it has sort of died.
It was split into a number of partitions- some of which I've been able
to rescue with an ext2 driver under windows. There's a bit of data on /
(hdc2) which I can't modify.

Putting the drive into another machine,

fsck /dev/hdb3
- results in the message that it could not find the superblock and it
might be corrupted, trying to specify the backup superblock with -b 8193
(16384 and 32768) don't work either.

fdisk /dev/hdb
- fails with an Input/Output error.

Any clues of programs which will dump out files from ext2 file systems
would be useful (google isn't giving me the magic answer)..

--
Regards,
Adam Allen.

adam at dynamicinteraction.co.uk