[SCDG] Next forum - topics?

C. Wellbrook Cwellbrook at riseup.net
Sat Nov 27 10:54:13 GMT 2010

  I agree that the "enigma of Capital" would be a good place to start. I
also agree that an extended series on capitalism/economics is a good
thing to do. Might have to borrow/buy David Harvey's book though as I
currently don't have a copy and I'm pretty sure it's not freely
available on-line yet. I'm currently re-reading Harry Cleaver's "Reading
Capital Politically", which I think is a good place to start for a
fresh, accessible but also quite unique approach to Marx's theories in
Vol. 1 of Capital (it's also a reasonably short book). That could be
something we also look at as a group. There's also, and this is
something that I haven't had a chance to get into yet either, a new
Proudhon reader available. I think Proudhon has been a much maligned
figure, and actually looking back at his political and economic theories
(not just Marx's representations of them) could give another different
perspective on the existing situation. Finally, the latest Endnotes has
a number of really interesting articles about the current economic
situation that allow for plenty of room for interpretation/debate. These
have the advantage of being available to read online -
http://endnotes.org.uk/

Chris