[ptx] 360deg Pano error? (CVS)

Peter Suetterlin P.Suetterlin at astro.uu.nl
Sat May 27 09:51:28 BST 2006

  Hi Daniel,

> I just tried a 360/180 panorama (with the latest PTmender) and I did
> not get the result you got. Would you mind trying the same panorama
> with nona and PTmender to see if there is any difference?

I just tried it with an old version of PTStitcher (using PTmender was
not offered by hugin), which did not produce the black stripe.
Re-checked with nona - stripe is there again.
Just now I linked PTStitcher->PTmender and rerun.  Hmm, having some
problems - the output file isn't generated, just some tempfile in
/tmp.  But as expected, that one has no black stripe either.

So back to nona.  I used the flatfield correction with estimated
polynomial.  Switching it off now.  Still a black stripe :-(

So it seems to be connected to nona, and independent of the
interpolation algorithm (tried spline 64/16, nearest neighbour)
Any idea what else might be the problem and/or how I could track it
down?

The missing part, btw, is 10 pixels in a 2000 pano, 22 for a 4000.
So not fix, but related to pano size.  Weird...

  Pit