[ptx] problems with cvs snapshot of libpano12

Franck Barbenoire franck.barbenoire at yahoo.fr
Wed May 3 01:01:17 BST 2006

Hello Rich,

I am also a Slackware user and I've managed to build packages for Hugin and
libpano12. See my slack page :
http://franck.barbenoire.free.fr/slackware/slack.php#PACK_PANOTOOLS

My computer has nothing special except :
-I've upgraded gcc to 3.4.4 (packages in testing directory from install discs
of Slackware 10.2) since enblend couldn't be compiled with gcc-3.3.6.
-I've applied all security fixes

Here is the core of my libpano12.Slackbuild script :

./bootstrap LIBS="-lm"
CFLAGS="$CPUOPT" \
CXXFLAGS="$CPUOPT" \
LIBS="-lm" \
./configure \
--prefix=/usr \
--localstatedir=/var \
--sysconfdir=/etc
make
make install DESTDIR=$PKG

Here is the core of my hugin.Slackbuild script :

./bootstrap LIBS="-lm"
CFLAGS="$CPUOPT `wx-config --cxxflags --libs`" \
CXXFLAGS="$CPUOPT `wx-config --cxxflags --libs`" \
LIBS="-lm" \
./configure \
--prefix=/usr \
--localstatedir=/var \
--sysconfdir=/etc \
--enable-shared \
--with-boost-version=1.33.1
#--with-unicode \ <=== not compiled with unicode !
make
make install DESTDIR=$PKG

Perheaps someone could tell if unicode is needed for Hugin :-)

Hope it helps,

Franck Barbenoire