[ptx] problems with cvs snapshot of libpano12

Rich rich at hq.vsaa.lv
Fri May 5 13:50:18 BST 2006

Daniel M. German wrote:

>  Rich  twisted the bytes to say:
>
>  Rich> first, thanks for the cvs snapshots - hopefully they will make it easier
>  Rich> to test new features and problems before releases :)
>
>  Rich> using a cvs snapshot downloaded a couple of hours ago.
>  Rich> now, some problems and questions :
>
> Both seem to be an autoconf problem.
>
> Why I don't understand is slackware creates different configuration
> files than, say, Fedora. What architecture were you using? Can you
> give us more information about your set up?

i386, p4 cpu

> uname -a

currently using 2.6.16.9, compiled for i686

> autoconf --version

2.59

> automake --version

1.9.6

> can you please send me a copy of ./Makefile and ./configure?

i've put them here :
evf.lv/stuff/configure
evf.lv/stuff/Makefile

> Thanks Rich,
>
> daniel

>  Rich> 2. compiling of libpano12 fails - possibly because of some libraries,
>  Rich> invoked with -lm. some last lines :
>
> A quick fix to this is to find InsertFileName and remove the #ifdefs
> around it. Windows has exactly the same problem than your
> installation.

the only place i could find InsertFileName in ifdef was tools/PTcommon.c
it had #ifdef __Win__

commenting out ifdef statements allowed the compile to continue, let's
see how hugin goes...

uhh

first, it failed to bootstrap until i created an empty file called ABOUT-NLS

second, it seems that boost-1.33.1 (which has been out since 2005.12.05)
still is not detected properly...

before it was enough to edit a single line in configure script and pass
boost directory. now i had to edit two quite obscure lines and pass the
location.

any chance hugin would be able to autodetect the correct stuff with only
the location passed to it ?

i still got some messages about -lm problems, but it seems that
everything compiled more or less successfully.

>  Rich> 3. i'm thinking about building libpano and hugin with debugging symbols
>  Rich> included (so that possibly useful backtraces could be gathered), but was
>  Rich> unable to find anything related to debugging in libpano configure help.
>  Rich> what steps must i take to ensure debugging information is included in
>  Rich> the final build ?
>  Rich> --
>
> A easy way is to define CC=gcc -g before running configure (I think
> that will do it)

ading --debug=yes to hugin resulted in 28mb compressed installation
package instead of 2.5 mb... i hope it's supposed to be like that ;)

--
  Rich