[ptx] Re: Autopano-sift installation problems...

Richard Tucker rit at pobox.com
Tue Sep 20 23:03:59 BST 2005

Paul Vincent Farrell wrote:

> Well, I installed X11 - and then retried the
> sift-helper script.  It's getting further (well, at
> least the errors are now different!).  It now comes
> back with:
> Unhandled Exception:
> System.EntryPointNotFoundException:
> GdipCreateBitmapFromFile

Aha! Congratulations, you have reached level 2 ;-).

I'm guessing you installed Mono 1.1.9. Well, the thing that worked for
me was uninstalling that and installing Mono 1.1.8 instead. Like this:

 >>> Step 1. Uninstall.

1a. Run MonoFramework-1.1.9.dmg, ctrl-click on the
MonoFramework-1.1.9.pkg icon, and choose "Show Package Contents" from
the contextual menu. Go into Contents/Resources, and you should see a
file called "uninstallMono.sh".

1b. We're going to run that file as root: open the Terminal
application, and in a terminal window type "sudo " (including the
space, but not the quotes). Then drag the aforementioned
uninstallMono.sh file into the window. You should see the full path of
the file appear after where you typed "sudo ". Hit Return in the
terminal window, and you'll be prompted for your password. It will then
delete the old (or rather, new!) mono installation and print out a list
of what it deleted.

 >>> Step 2. Install Mono 1.1.8 instead.

The tricky bit here is... how do you get Mono 1.1.8? Maybe there's a
better way, but I found it by guessing the url:

http://www.go-mono.com/archive/1.1.8/macosx/MonoFramework-1.1.8.dmg

After that it's easy: just mount the image and run
MonoFramework-1.1.8.pkg.

-=-=-

I hope this helps! In my case, this did the trick, and I now have it
running, both directy from HuginOSX and using scripts made with Sift
Helper 007.

r/