[ptx] Re: Autopano-sift installation problems...

paul vincent farrell paviworld at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 20 18:06:25 BST 2005

Thanks for the X11 suggestion.

Well, I installed X11 - and then retried the
sift-helper script.  It's getting further (well, at
least the errors are now different!).  It now comes
back with:

SIFT Keypoint Generation

Unhandled Exception:
System.EntryPointNotFoundException:
GdipCreateBitmapFromFile
in (wrapper managed-to-native)
System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdipCreateBitmapFromFile
(string,intptr&)
in <0x00060> System.Drawing.Bitmap:.ctor
(System.String filename, Boolean useIcm)
in <0x00020> System.Drawing.Bitmap:.ctor
(System.String filename)
in (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check)
System.Drawing.Bitmap:.ctor (string)
in <0x00048> DisplayImage:.ctor (System.String
filename)
in <0x00110> GenerateKeys:Main (System.String[] args)

....and then a lot more other errors

Any ideas what else I might have to install, or
otherwise try?  Should X11 have been installed FIRST?
Is it possible that autopano or sift-helper should now
be re-installed?  What about Mono - should this maybe
be reinstalled again?

Just wildly guessing....I've absolutely no idea
really.

Thanks....

----------
Zitat von Richard Tucker :

> Paul Vincent Farrell wrote:
> >
> > ...when run in the terminal I get
> > errors.
> >
> > Unhandled Exception:
> > System.TypeInitializationException: An exception
was
> > thrown by the type initializer for
> > System.Drawing.GDIPlus --->
> > System.DllNotFoundException:
> >

> I think this error means you need to install X11.
It's on disc 3 of the
> Panther install discs -- presumably a version comes
with Tiger too.