[ptx] architectural projection in release 0.5rc2

Daniel Duparc daniel.duparc at free.fr
Fri Oct 7 17:07:17 BST 2005

Le Fri, 7 Oct 2005 13:48:52 +0100
Bruno Postle <bruno at postle.net> a écrit (wrote):

> What problems do you see?  Can you upload the files somewhere?

Here they are:
http://daniel.duparc.free.fr/bruno/vaux-original.jpg
is a jpeg file from the original tiff, scanned after
a 6cm x 9cm (2"1/4 x 3" 1/4) negative.
I cannot send the original tiff since it is more than
50 MB large.

With this jpeg file, one can obtain easily a tiff file of
name vaux-1.tif (mandatory for the sequel) in the gimp
for example.

http://daniel.duparc.free.fr/bruno/vaux-hugin4.pto
is the pto file generated by hugin 0.4
under mandrake 10.0 for vaux-1.tif.
http://daniel.duparc.free.fr/bruno/20050810a007.jpg
was generated by hugin 0.5rc2 from
this pto file, then corrected in the gimp
(roughly same result with hugin 0.4).

http://daniel.duparc.free.fr/bruno/vaux-hugin5.pto
is one of the many (bad) pto files generated
by hugin 0.5rc2 with (as far as I know) roughly the same
ideas (same horizon and 2 vertical lines).
None of them led to a correct tiff file.

> I've just done a check with hugin (CVS 20050926) with some photos
> taken yesterday and today and it seems to behave normally for me.
>
> Stitched from three photos with vertical control-points:
>
>   http://bugbear.blackfish.org.uk/~bruno/photos/baker-street.jpg
>
> Stitched from two rows of photos with both horizontal and vertical
> control points:
>
>   http://bugbear.blackfish.org.uk/~bruno/photos/general-cemetery.jpg

Thank you: by the way, I have no problems with multiple files in hugin 0.5.
The only problem is for architectural projection for _one_ (large) file.
My photo of Vaux le Vicomte is overexposed (too shiny weather
in France ;o) I should better take photos in Great Britain ;o)

Best regards. Thank you for your help.
--
Daniel Duparc <daniel.duparc at free.fr>
29 av. de la Commune de Paris