New XRC files for Stitcher Panel (Was: Re: [ptx] thoughts for hugin UI, post 0.5)

Rich rich at hq.vsaa.lv
Tue May 31 06:37:01 BST 2005

Ippei UKAI wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As I am ok with the current one, I do not want to say too much about
> this, but here is a couple of notes in my head.
>
> - As the maintainer of hugin on mac, I'd like to ask you to at least
> imagine how it would look like on Mac. I know we have to compromise
> somewhere, but I don't want to see something does not fit on mac at
> all. Good reference:
> http://developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/
> OSXHIGuidelines/XHIGLayout/chapter_19_section_4.html
>
> - Please remember hugin's main window should be displayed at least at
> 600x800, typically at 1024x768 or more. Every mock-up and xrc demo
> seems using the smaller area than the original layout, which could  mean
> the layout become unbalanced with big window leaving big empty  space.

if i have to choose, i like empty space better than scrolling :)
i don't think that it's a big problem as long as widgets are placed so
that they are easy to grasp at first and use later.
i believe there is no need to clutter window just so that there is no
empty space at large resolutions.

btw, all mockups were for nona and it also might get additional options
- so it's better to have some space than resorst to scrolling

> Cheers,
> Ippei
  Rich