[ptx] thoughts for hugin UI, post 0.5

Thu May 26 10:11:58 BST 2005

On Thursday 26 May 2005 11:00, douglas wilkins wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've read (and looked at) all of your suggestions and I must admit that I
> like new6 more than what we have now. There is unfortunately a "but" :-)
>
> But, the options "Interpolator", "Format" and "compression" are all
> functions of the stitching engine and as such, belong together. If you
> look at pano_panel-2.5.xrc and the nested nona_panel.xrc you'll see what I
> mean.

I don't agree. Technically they are functions of the stitching engine, but to
the user, Image size, format and compression are all parameters of the output
(of the image) while the Interpolator is more of a technical setting,
belonging to the stitcher.

Technically there is no need to put parameters that belong to the same thing
together. This is a fault made in many UI's.

(Sorry, that sounded a bit attacking, not meant as such)

> Post 0.5 this will not change. PTStitcher obviously will not get new
> interpolator options but nona may well, and we need to keep the panels
> separate to facilitate this.

Can anyone explain me (or point me a link to) the several components being
used and how they work together? Why won't PTStitcher get new interpolator
options?

Tijmen