[ptx] thoughts for hugin UI, post 0.5

douglas wilkins dgswilkins at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 26 10:00:23 BST 2005

Hi there,

I've read (and looked at) all of your suggestions and I must admit that I
like new6 more than what we have now. There is unfortunately a "but" :-)

But, the options "Interpolator", "Format" and "compression" are all
functions of the stitching engine and as such, belong together. If you
look at pano_panel-2.5.xrc and the nested nona_panel.xrc you'll see what I
mean.

Post 0.5 this will not change. PTStitcher obviously will not get new
interpolator options but nona may well, and we need to keep the panels
separate to facilitate this.

--- Rob Park <rbpark at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/25/05, Rob Park <rbpark at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If not, point me to some documentation on XRC and I'll try to work on
> > this myself and submit my changes.
>
> Ok, I'm looking at XRC, neat thing with the XML.
>
> Just wondering, were the existing XRC files generated with some kind
> of program, or were they written by hand? Because they seem very
> sloppy.

I use xrced to edit them. They do need to be looked at though, because the
interface has grown over the years and things have been tacked on rather
than designed in.

I think that post 0.5 is a really good time to re-visit these and clean
up.

> It's now my goal to clean up Hugin's GUI quite a bit, and with it, all
> the XRC files. I hope you all don't mind ;)

Not at all! It's great having someone spend the time experimenting to find
a great layout that will result in a better feel and easier use.

regards,
Doug