[ptx] hugin translators?

douglas wilkins dgswilkins at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 11 20:58:27 BST 2005

--- Bruno Postle <bruno at postle.net> wrote:
> Hugin seems to be fully translated into English,
> French, German,
> Italian and Polish - Adding some more languages
> before the first
> 'stable' release would be good.
>
> Translating is easy since all the strings that need
> to be translated
> are stored in individual 'po' files so you don't
> have to be a
> programmer to do it.
>
> Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but a good
> way to start would
> be to download poedit <http://www.poedit.org/> and
> try translating
> the hugin 'pot' file which can be found here:
>
>   http://hugin.sourceforge.net/i18n/hugin/hugin.pot
>
> If you are not sure what the final result should
> look like, you can
> look at one of the existing 'po' files for another
> language - The
> Polish translation is here:
>
>   http://hugin.sourceforge.net/i18n/hugin/pl.po

Yes, I would especially like to see Spanish and
Russian to cover the major european languages. Also
Hebrew or Arabic for a right to left variant and I
know that there is interest in a Japanese translation.

It really is fairly easy but a lot of work and I am so
grateful to those who have contributed (see the
"about" page in hugin)

poedit is a good choice for those of you on Windows,
but another good choice for translation software is
kbabel on KDE.

Anyone who is interested can also contact me directly.

regards,
Doug