[ptx] Manual Override for Blend Lines?

Chris Horn chris at beefstew.net
Sun Jun 12 07:10:49 BST 2005

On Saturday 11 June 2005 16:55, Rob Park wrote:
> On 6/11/05, Chris Horn <chris at beefstew.net> wrote:
> > Is this even remotely possible?
>
> Hal basically said it, but I'll expand on it because I'm feeling
talkative ;)

> What you want to do is make sure your output from hugin is set to
> "multiple TIFF", then open up the tiff files that have conflicting
> image data (eg, the person that has moved from one photo to the next),
> and erase it from all but one of the images (I say "all but one"
> because a couple of times I've actually had the same person show up in
> 3 photos because I shoot with so much overlap). Enblend is smart
> enough to work around the parts where there is a chunk missing from
> the photo like that.
>
> And when I say "erase", I mean like using the "erase" tool in the
> gimp: it makes the pixels transparent. Don't bother cloning the
> background over the person like you would normally do to erase a
> person from a regular photograph.
>
> Then run enblend manually on these tiff files and the result will be
> what you want.
>
> Here is some more information if you like:
>
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/j.houghton/pttute.htm#tidy

Thanks to both of you for your prompt and clear explanations.  I'm trying the
method out now (if only I could get the images to align better...).

A small bug in hugin: when you select to "delete remapped tiff files" under
the enblend menu preference, hugin not-so-helpfully deletes the tiff files
generated by the "Multiple TIFF" output option (even when enblend is not
being used).

Chris.