[ptx] Manual Override for Blend Lines?

Rob Park rbpark at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 21:55:43 BST 2005

On 6/11/05, Chris Horn <chris at beefstew.net> wrote:
> Is this even remotely possible?

Hal basically said it, but I'll expand on it because I'm feeling talkative ;)

What you want to do is make sure your output from hugin is set to
"multiple TIFF", then open up the tiff files that have conflicting
image data (eg, the person that has moved from one photo to the next),
and erase it from all but one of the images (I say "all but one"
because a couple of times I've actually had the same person show up in
3 photos because I shoot with so much overlap). Enblend is smart
enough to work around the parts where there is a chunk missing from
the photo like that.

And when I say "erase", I mean like using the "erase" tool in the
gimp: it makes the pixels transparent. Don't bother cloning the
background over the person like you would normally do to erase a
person from a regular photograph.

Then run enblend manually on these tiff files and the result will be
what you want.

Here is some more information if you like:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/j.houghton/pttute.htm#tidy

--
Urban Artography
http://artography.ath.cx