[ptx] fftw vs fftw2

Ed Halley ed at halley.cc
Wed Jan 26 22:12:39 GMT 2005

I've switched to Fedora Core 3 and am now digging through the recent
dependencies of Hugin.  It looks like Bruno has packages for just about
everything, except the FFTW2 stuff.

And I haven't found mainstream FFTW2 rpms, yet, just FFTW.  FreshRPMs
doesn't seem to carry it at all.  The only repo that looks like it has a
FFTW2 rpm is the ATrpms repo, which is a little off the beaten track for
many Fedora users.  Then there's the question of single-precision vs
double-precision, and I've seen no mention one way or the other for how
Hugin performance may be affected by it.

Bruno, if you could add some docs and keep a local copy of the FFTW2
requirements in your rpm pool, that would be great.  Make it an
effective one-stop-shoppping place for the basics.

Any other Fedora Core 3 gotchas?

--
[ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ]