[ptx] Hugin and enblend problems

stuart taylor stu_mphs at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 26 18:48:37 GMT 2005

Hello

I don't suscribe to the list and I hope you don't mind this message I have
downloaded hugin and all the files needed and extra files just yesterday and
followed the guide that was suggested to use it.  I found the created tiff
files made weren't compatable with enblend because of the compression that
was used to create it.  There was no mention of this on the page and I don't
see a way to fix it.

The good news is that I have found a work around for it, for now.  I wanted
to try my trusty image view and manipulation program infranview for this, I
didn't now work as it doesn't seem to support tiff transparancies.  However
the Gimp does, for anyone haveing this program I suggest getting the gimp
and opening your tiff files, then saveing them agian with lzw compression
and emblend will like them just fine as the transparten parts are kept.

If this issue is resovable I'd like to know I think a mention on the page
would be great.

Oh p.s. I know gimp has a abatch mode but as of this moment I'm not sure how
to do it, also there is a sourceforge page for the windows version of gimp
already pre compiled and ready to install with an installer