[ptx] fftw vs fftw2

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Wed Jan 26 23:58:05 GMT 2005

On Wed 26-Jan-2005 at 17:12 -0500, Ed Halley wrote:

> And I haven't found mainstream FFTW2 rpms, yet, just FFTW.
> FreshRPMs doesn't seem to carry it at all.

> The only repo that looks like it has a FFTW2 rpm is the ATrpms
> repo, which is a little off the beaten track for many Fedora
> users.

The problem is that the normal freshrpms fftw is fftw-2.1 (which
plays ok with hugin).

Unfortunately if I just make the package depend on fftw, anyone who
does have the atrpms repository enabled gets silently upgraded to
fftw-3.0 (which doesn't play nicely with hugin).

So I've set the hugin dependency to fftw2 (provided by atrpms[*]).
It's a little harder to find, but once found, it is guaranteed to
continue to work.

This stuff sucks really - I have been intending to moan about it on
the relevant lists, but I don't have any real solutions to offer.

--
Bruno

[*] http://atrpms.net/