[ptx] Hugin & Autopano-sift

douglas wilkins dgswilkins at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 26 19:51:45 GMT 2005

 --- Jpok <jpok at freemail.hu> wrote:
> English is not my native language, so excuse me if I
> don't be clear.

Clear enough :-)
Another reason though to get the translations extended
to other languages (hungarian?) and also to get it
right (hint, hint) :-)

> You are totally right Doug. But I had a problem with
> a pano of the Fontainebleau Castle. When I'm
> shooting the images, the sun plays with
> the clouds and it results on different exposures for
> the images. I thought Enblend corrects this but it
> failed and my pano needs some Gimp  postprocessing.
> Perhaps does it exist Enblend parameters that help
> me to correct this situation ?

Enblend does not correct for exposure. It basically
tries to spread the blend over wider areas where it
can to "hide" the seam. See http://enblend.sf.net for
details.
Brians' methodology in his post is at the moment
probably the best advice at the moment for accurate
colour/exposure matching, either pre- or
post-stitching (he does not mention vignetting
correction though)
You could also try using ptstitcher as the stitching
engine which will allow you to set the exposure
correction type and exposure anchor image (the image
which has the "correct" exposure).

regards,
Doug