[ptx] hugin crashes

douglas wilkins dgswilkins at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 26 09:27:28 GMT 2005

 --- Heikki Lehvaslaiho <heikki at ebi.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been having strange problems with hugin
> recently. When ever I try to set
> the focal length it dies with the following message:
>
> bala ~/pics/new/for1> hugin a.pto
> Panorama obj created
>
> (hugin:18074): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkEntry - did not
> receive focus-out-event. If
> you
> connect a handler to this signal, it must return
> FALSE so the entry gets the event as well
>
> Gtk-ERROR **: file ../../gtk/gtkentry.c: line 4856
> (blink_cb): assertion
> failed: (GTK_WIDGET_HAS_FOCUS (entry))
> aborting...
> Aborted
>

> For a while, I got around the problem by turning of
> the inheritance of the
> value and setting the focal length manually for
> every picture, but that has
> recently failed, too.
>

> I have not compiled anything, but rely on rpms. The
> pto file is created by
> autopano-sift. The variation in my system comes from
> trying to keep running
> up-to-date Mandrake Cooker.

Which is exactly the platform I use for developing
hugin, with the differences noted below:

> hugin-20050119-1mdk

CVS version + updates as I develop :-)
But contrib has hugin-0.4-0.20050126.1mdk which has a
few extra fixes.

> autopano-sift-2.2-1plf
> libpano12-2.7.0.6-1.bp.fc2

I use libpano12_0-2.7.0.8-1mdk from contrib.

> panorama-tools-nonfree-2.7a-2.bp.fc2

Should be fine, since it is an rpm of already compiled
stuff. For reference I have attached the spec and
patch that I use for tools-nonfree.

> gtk+2.0-2.6.2-1mdk
> gtk-engines-0.12-9mdk
> gtk-sharp-1.0.4-1mdk
> gtkdialogs-2.1-1mdk
> libgtk+-x11-2.0_0-2.6.2-1mdk
> libgtk+1.2-1.2.10-41mdk
> libgtk+2.0_0-2.6.2-1mdk
> libgtkhtml2_0-2.6.3-1mdk
> libgtksharpglue-1.0.4-1mdk
> libgtkxmhtml1-1.4.2-11mdk
> libwxgtk2.5_1-2.5.1-5mdk
> libwxgtk2.5_3-2.5.3-6mdk

Self-compiled 2.5.3 with unicode support

> perl-Gtk2-1.073-1mdk
> perl-Gtk2-TrayIcon-0.04-2mdk
> wxGTK-2.4.2-4mdk
> wxGTK2.5-2.5.3-6mdk
>

> I googled around but could not find anything that
> could help solving this. Any
> suggestions?

Unfortunately not too many, since this all works on my
system :-(
I have seen something similar with themes and gtkrc
issues. Perhaps you could try creating a new user with
default settings and try hugin under that user?
Failing that, I'm not sure, other than compiling hugin
yourself with debug enabled and seeing if that gives
some clues