[ptx] hugin crashes

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at nildram.co.uk
Sat Feb 26 11:09:15 GMT 2005

Douglas,

Thanks for your reply. I upgraded the hugin and libpano12 rpms from contrib
and do not have the problem with crashes any more. I did try the contrib
packages earlier but had the same problem, so the fix must have happend
between Jan 19 and 26  - what ever it was.

Thanks for a great program!

Cheers,
		-Heikki

On Saturday 26 February 2005 09:27, douglas wilkins wrote:
>  --- Heikki Lehvaslaiho <heikki at ebi.ac.uk> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been having strange problems with hugin
> > recently. When ever I try to set
> > the focal length it dies with the following message:
> >
> > bala ~/pics/new/for1> hugin a.pto
> > Panorama obj created
> >
> > (hugin:18074): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkEntry - did not
> > receive focus-out-event. If
> > you
> > connect a handler to this signal, it must return
> > FALSE so the entry gets the event as well
> >
> > Gtk-ERROR **: file ../../gtk/gtkentry.c: line 4856
> > (blink_cb): assertion
> > failed: (GTK_WIDGET_HAS_FOCUS (entry))
> > aborting...
> > Aborted
> >

> > For a while, I got around the problem by turning of
> > the inheritance of the
> > value and setting the focal length manually for
> > every picture, but that has
> > recently failed, too.
> >

> > I have not compiled anything, but rely on rpms. The
> > pto file is created by
> > autopano-sift. The variation in my system comes from
> > trying to keep running
> > up-to-date Mandrake Cooker.
>
> Which is exactly the platform I use for developing
>
> hugin, with the differences noted below:
> > hugin-20050119-1mdk
>
> CVS version + updates as I develop :-)
> But contrib has hugin-0.4-0.20050126.1mdk which has a
> few extra fixes.
>
> > autopano-sift-2.2-1plf
> > libpano12-2.7.0.6-1.bp.fc2
>
> I use libpano12_0-2.7.0.8-1mdk from contrib.
>
> > panorama-tools-nonfree-2.7a-2.bp.fc2
>
> Should be fine, since it is an rpm of already compiled
> stuff. For reference I have attached the spec and
> patch that I use for tools-nonfree.
>
> > gtk+2.0-2.6.2-1mdk
> > gtk-engines-0.12-9mdk
> > gtk-sharp-1.0.4-1mdk
> > gtkdialogs-2.1-1mdk
> > libgtk+-x11-2.0_0-2.6.2-1mdk
> > libgtk+1.2-1.2.10-41mdk
> > libgtk+2.0_0-2.6.2-1mdk
> > libgtkhtml2_0-2.6.3-1mdk
> > libgtksharpglue-1.0.4-1mdk
> > libgtkxmhtml1-1.4.2-11mdk
> > libwxgtk2.5_1-2.5.1-5mdk
> > libwxgtk2.5_3-2.5.3-6mdk
>
> Self-compiled 2.5.3 with unicode support
>
> > perl-Gtk2-1.073-1mdk
> > perl-Gtk2-TrayIcon-0.04-2mdk
> > wxGTK-2.4.2-4mdk
> > wxGTK2.5-2.5.3-6mdk
> >

> > I googled around but could not find anything that
> > could help solving this. Any
> > suggestions?
>
> Unfortunately not too many, since this all works on my
> system :-(
> I have seen something similar with themes and gtkrc
> issues. Perhaps you could try creating a new user with
> default settings and try hugin under that user?
> Failing that, I'm not sure, other than compiling hugin
> yourself with debug enabled and seeing if that gives
> some clues

     _/  _/  _/  Heikki Lehvaslaiho    heikki at_ebi _ac _uk
  _/  _/  _/  Cambridge, CB10 1SD, United Kingdom