[ptx] Re: hugin0.5-beta1 and nona

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Tue Feb 1 22:39:16 GMT 2005

Hi Mike,

Mike Runge schrieb:

> I've downloaded the current windows snapshot binary (not the installer)
> and extracted it in parallel to my currently working hugin-0.4 folder.
>
> Works fine on xp, seems to be stable.
> Is it correct, that there is no nona executable within the current
> package?

Yes. I haven't build nona with the microsoft compiler yet, but it will
be included in the next release. However, its really the same as
nona_gui. Just that nona_gui has a graphical progress bar..

> I came across this because I tried to find out, if the nona-360-deg bug
> is fixed or not.

I fear it is not. Have to think about a better algorithm to estimate
which areas need to be remapped. Currently the heuristic for that fails
for some cases where the image overlaps the poles.

> In my current installation it is still there, but maybe the package is
> just incomplete and the older nona executable is used?

No, the stitcher is build into the hugin executable.

> Another very small, but disturbing one:
> The optimiser still does not optimise the values for a, b and c if the
> values are 0. It's still nessesairy to initialise the values to e.g.
> 0.0001 to make the optimisation work. hugin comes up with a,b,c set to
> 0.0001, but if you reset them by hand to 0 optimisation will not change
> the values.

Might add that later on.