[ptx] hugin0.5-beta1 and nona

Mike Runge mike at trozzreaxxion.net
Tue Feb 1 09:02:48 GMT 2005

I've downloaded the current windows snapshot binary (not the installer)
and extracted it in parallel to my currently working hugin-0.4 folder.

Works fine on xp, seems to be stable.
Is it correct, that there is no nona executable within the current
package?
I came across this because I tried to find out, if the nona-360-deg bug
is fixed or not.
In my current installation it is still there, but maybe the package is
just incomplete and the older nona executable is used?

Here's a short description of the nona-360-deg bug:
http://www.panoclub.de/gallery/360-deg-bug.

Another very small, but disturbing one:
The optimiser still does not optimise the values for a, b and c if the
values are 0. It's still nessesairy to initialise the values to e.g.
0.0001 to make the optimisation work. hugin comes up with a,b,c set to
0.0001, but if you reset them by hand to 0 optimisation will not change
the values.

best, mike