[ptx] nona and PTstitcher

Gerhard Gaussling ggrubbish at web.de
Tue Dec 13 22:02:03 GMT 2005

Am Dienstag 13 Dezember 2005 01:26 schrieb Daniel M. German:
> Image a panorama in which you many straight lines, and you shoot the
> photos without a tripod.  I tried adjusting the masks before enblend,
> but it did not work very well. It might have been because the
> panoramas I was blending were taken handheld. see the following uRL:
>
> http://turingmachine.org/silvernegative/index.php?/archives/328-Newca
>stles-Millennium-Bridge.html
>
> (please note that this photo was not created by enblend, the blending
> was done mostly by hand).
>
> the component photos were taken handheld (5. I was able to adjust the
> masks to make sure the suspenders of the bridge matched properly, but
> then enblend will ignore the precise merge points (I made sure the
> masks were totally pure white or black) that I had specified (I can
> make the TIFFs available if anybody is interested, but it is more
> than 100 megs in size).
>
> What I really would like is an enblend that is able to blend the
> layers, but preserve each entire layer for further manipulation.
Hello Daniel,

that is exactly what I miss on emblend (or nona). I really want a
blended multilayer file (tiff or psd) with blended masks (blured edges)
and completely retained image layers of the original, by nona
distorted, images on transparent background. That way, I got the most
flexible multilayer pano, to further transform or blend manually, very
distorted panos with huge parallax, whitebalance, exposition and other
errors, made out of  handheld shots (without your handheld technique,
Daniel).

Unfortunately I'm not yet a owner of a panohead, and my handshot panos
are sometimes ok, but often very inaccurate with huge errors...

Kind regards

Gerhard Gaußling