[ptx] computer hardware suggestions

Rob Park rbpark at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 05:10:52 BST 2005

On 8/17/05, Brian Innes <brianinnes81 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I've had quite good results with an AMD64 3000+ with 1GB ram running
> 64bit Ubuntu Linux.  However I really could do with an extra gb of ram.

I've been getting by with my Athlon XP 1700 with a mere 512 MBs of RAM
(sad that my computer has as much RAM as my camera has CF card space).
I'm more than happy with my CPU power but what I've really been
jonesing for is some more RAM. I'd say 1GB is the minimum if you're
going to buy a new computer and you want to do lots of graphics
processing.

--
Urban Artography
http://artography.ath.cx