[ptx] computer hardware suggestions

Brian Innes brianinnes81 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 17 20:55:15 BST 2005

michael crane wrote:

> hello,
> For various reasons I only have a hp pavilion ze5270 running xp at the
> moment and it is having a heart attack rendering these panotools things.
> Any suggestions for a machine dedicated to this panoramic stuff ?
> Should it be linux ? windows or mac ?
> 64 bit /
> smp ?
> which graphic card, does it matter.
> chipset ?
>
> thanks
>
> Mick

I've had quite good results with an AMD64 3000+ with 1GB ram running
64bit Ubuntu Linux.  However I really could do with an extra gb of ram.

Processing speed helps, but the more ram the better!

Perhaps some sort of benchmark panorama could be a good idea?  Then we
could get a table on processor / 64 or 32bit, memory size, OS etc, along
with render time.

--
Brian