[ptx] hugin --prefix and building RPM packages

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Mon Oct 18 09:23:41 BST 2004

Bruno Postle said:

> The problem I have is that this path then gets hard-coded into the
> hugin binary (which then doesn't work if the resource files are
> placed in /usr/share):
>
>   $ strings src/hugin/hugin | grep /var/tmp
>   /var/tmp/hugin-root/usr/share/locale
>   /var/tmp/hugin-root/usr/share/hugin/xrc

> Any ideas what I can do about this?

I haven't used it myself and I can't try right now, but I guess "chroot"
is what you want. You go through the configure/make as if you'd want to
install locally, but when it comes to the actual installation step, you
change to a chrooted environment so that your installation files go into a
clean tree. You may need to create your chrooted /bin/install and possibly
some others first for the installation script to run. But I guess this can
be automated easily so it'll be easy to reproduce next time.

HaJo