[ptx] compiled panotools gimp 2.0/2.2 plugin

spec spec at webtech.pl
Wed Nov 24 16:35:32 GMT 2004

Hello,

 I've managed to compile a panotools plugin for gimp 2.0/2.2 - tested
with 2.0.5 and 2.2pre2. I've zipped and attached it. If anyone's
interested in building it below are the instructions. Plugin has the
same problems like the linux version or (which is more probable) I
forgot how to use it. I tried remapping and it works so the other things
should work too. I remember seeing a tutorial on how to use it with gimp
or photoshop somewhere?

Panotools.sf.net people: maybe you could add the changes to cvs so
someone could continue working on it?

Anyway I hope you like it. I remember looking for it everywhere so I
tried to made the title of this message more search friendly.

build instructions:

you need loads of stuff installed according to instructions at
www.gimp.org/win32

1. add pano12.rc, sys_win.c, sys_win.h from max lyon's pano.dll
2. in sys_win.c makePathToHost change it to:
void makePathToHost ( fullPath *path )
{
    GetModuleFileName( NULL, path->name, MAX_PATH_LENGTH );
}
(change int to void in function header and delete return 0)
3. in sys_win.c comment out lines:
/*
    if( JavaUI )
        JPrintError( message );
    else
*/

4. add attached makefile.windows (analogically to current
makefile.linux). It's based on makefile.linux and I think it could be
made one for all systems or better included in panotools dll makefile.

4a. small cosmetical change: in Gimpmain.c whenever it says:
'fprintf(stderr,"' add \n to the end of the string

5. run
make -f makefile.windows PanTools.exe && make -f makefile.windows install

6. run gimp and test it

--
thanks,
Marek