[ptx] libpano12 - build with GNU autoconf, automake and libtool

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Mon Nov 8 20:59:21 GMT 2004

On Mon 08-Nov-2004 at 14:41 +0200, Douglas Wilkins wrote:

> My stab at autotools for libpano is attached. A couple of notes:

> 1. I have included renamed versions of Makefile -> makefile.win32
> (to cope with overwrite) makefile panoinfo -> makefile.panoinfo
> (make does not like spaces in pathnames or filenames) makefile
> ptoptimizer -> makefile.ptoptimizer (ditto)

Ok, I've renamed these in CVS.

> 2. libs and includes install where you expect them to.

Some comments:

- This file gets created, which I understand from the earlier
  discussion is invalid since the third number shouldn't be higher
  than the first:

    $PREFIX/lib/libpano12.so.2.0.7

- It only installs three header files (panorama.h, filter.h &
  version.h) is that right?  Andreas' version installed pteditor.h,
  ptutils.h & queryfeature.h as well.

- `make dist` creates pano12-2.7.0.7.tar.gz - I assumed the tarball
  would be called libpano12-2.7.0.7.tar.gz since it is basically a
  library - Or am I wrong?

--
Bruno