[ptx] tif2xcf crashes

Gerhard Gaussling ggrubbish at web.de
Mon Nov 1 03:44:43 GMT 2004

Hello,

I'm new on the list. My name is Gerhard Gaußling, and I discovered to
use the panotools some weeks ago.

I'm using hugin 0.4pre20041028 from http://3demi.net and libpano12
2.7.RLbeta2.rj1-1 from http://people.debian.org/~jordens/debs/
I'm running debian gnu linux sarge/sid.

I want to retouch my first freehand panos to move people or correct bad
seams, huge parallax errors :-( etc. in the Gimp and blend them finally
with enblend 2.0-1.

For that I found tif2xcf ( http://www.vierpi.de/tif2xcf.html ).
Maybe I will try nona stitched multilayered TIFF's and separate them
with tiffsplit to blend them with enblend. What's the best workflow?

What's the difference between the brightness and color correction of
PTSTitcher and using emblend?

I tried to convert multiple tiff files I got from nona (Multiple TIFF's
- without masks?), and the same tiff's from PTStitcher (Multiple TIFF's
with masks) to xcf, but tif2xcf failed:

$ tif2xcf
tif2xcf: Expected an INT32 but got 'TRANS_IMAGE_FILL'. Add '*1' if you
really intend to pass in a string at /usr/local/bin/tif2xcf line 88
(DIE)

/usr/local/bin/tif2xcf:

     86         my $layer_m = new Layer($img, $width, $height,
                  RGBA_IMAGE, $base
     86          _m, 100, NORMAL_MODE);
     87         $img->add_layer($layer_m, -1);
     88         $layer_m->fill(TRANS_IMAGE_FILL);
     89         my $layer_tmp = $layer_m->edit_paste(0);
     90         $layer_tmp->floating_sel_anchor;

I'm not a programmar, so I hope someone else can help me to figure out
what's wrong.

I use debian sarge/sid and gimp 2.05, libgimp-perl 2.0.dfsg-3 (perl
server enabled) and libtiff4 from unstable with a patch because of the
"Integer overflow in TIFFVTileSize" bug in libtiff4 3.6.1-2 from
unstable. [1]

Thank you in advance

Gerhard Gaußling

[1] BTW here's the error message and the workaround of this bug:

$tiffinfo joergs_garten_pano_nona0000.tif
joergs_garten_pano_nona0000.tif: Integer overflow in TIFFVTileSize.
TIFFReadDirectory: joergs_garten_pano_nona0000.tif: cannot handle zero
tile size

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi/tiff_3.6.1-2-to-3.patch?bug=276783&msg=43&att=1

added deb-src for unstable

apt-get source libtiff4
dpkg-source -x tiff_3.6.1*dsc
patch -p1 < ../tiff_3.6.1-2-to-3.patch
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -uc -b
dpkg -i libtiff4-dev_3.6.1-3_i386.deb libtiff4-dev_3.6.1-3_i386.deb
libtiff-tools_3.6.1-3_i386.deb